This is admittedly a little bit of a cheat, but it’s too good not to do. One of my loves is Tesco’s Chocolate Chip Cookies fresh from their own bakery. I’ve been finding it harder and harder to get my hands on them lately, obviously others have discovered their amazingness. Last weekend as I was moping about them not being available I stopped by the baking isle and spotted a Tesco cookie mixture. Now, normally I hate pre-made mixtures as they are just too sickeningly sugary but for €1.49 I decided I’d give it a go, and well they turned out to be so much better than the store bought ones. Go-figure!
-Tesco chocolate chip cookie mixture
-2-3 tablespoons of water
1. Mix up the cookie dough as directed on the packet.
2. Chop up the dark chocolate into chunks and add to the mixture. Place a few extra chunks to one side.
3. Place 4-5 scoops of the mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper, make sure you allow enough space for when they expand. Sprinkle with the extra chocolate chunks.
4. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool. I let mine cool for about 10 minutes and then I served them because I like them still a little hot and gooey, and I just cant sit still when I know that they’re there.They remind me of a cookie/brownie hybrid- the perfect combo!